Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Directions


I spent some time during the holidays thinking about the direction I wanted to go with blogging.

Back in November, I made the decision to pursue food/travel/gardening writing as an avocation (I like that word better than "career" which still reminds me of those awful suits with bow ties that I wore back in the 80s).

I figured I would need a new blog centered around food, and toyed around with some names. One was Trois Grandmeres, in honor of my two grandmother's and Chicago Man's Polish grandmother, who from what I hear, cooked up some fabulous meals.

Another name was Three Cats and a Kitchen, and I even went so far as to create a blog with that name on WordPress. But I never posted an entry.

In the end, I decided to stick with this blog, Like A Flower Unfolding, which originally was created to document my spiritual journey.

Because experiencing and sharing food, gardening, and travel and then writing about it, is how I live out my spiritual journey.

I haven't been so excited about anything in a long, long time!

I guess you could say that I have wished myself "bon appetit", and my good appetite is for life!

I hope yours is, too.

The photo above, by the way, was taken on Christmas Eve 2009 on the Belmont University (www.belmont.edu) campus. That's how warm it was in Nashville this fall. I'm sure the very cold temperatures in early January put an end to the blooms...but only for a few months.

No comments: